I’m going to give away a brand new Beer In Front baseball hat this week. To enter, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the new medical issue I talked about in the show this week. Use “HAT” as the subject on the email, and I’ll pick a winner at random next Wednesday at 12:00 Noon.
The latest special Tuesday episode is available now! Tomorrow, I figure I’ll be watching the inauguration and drinking so it might not be good to record! Beers from Bell’s, Hop Butcher, and More. I’ll discuss the $15 minimum wage as well.
I’m going to try to post some quick reviews periodically on YouTube and tonight is my first attempt. I look like a fucking beached whale and Ruby already told me my angle was all off. I’ll work on that! The beer is Float On from Begyle and I enjoyed it a lot.
The latest episode is available now. This week, I’ll have a Duvel that was way too over-carbonated! I’ll talk about some great beers from Saugatuck, Hop Butcher, Haymarket, and Tangled Roots.
I’ll share my opinions on my least favorite F-Word, Founders and there are plenty of Jagoffs this week!
I was wrong. Yesterday on the podcast I stated that Jagoff Josh Hawley gave his fist salute as he was leaving the Senate. That is what I initially saw. I have learned he was entering the Senate which is a big difference and I’m sorry for screwing it up. He’s still a Jagoff though.
The latest episode is available wherever you listen to podcasts. This week, the Beer In Front is La Doble from Casa Humilde. This was outstanding! I also had good beers from Servaes, More, and 4 Hands. I have plenty to say about what happened Wednesday in DC so if you are allergic to F-Bombs, this might not be the show for you.
The 41st episode of Beer In Front will come out Wednesday. This week, instead of talking about an old school classic I’ll be featuring a brewery you’ve heard me mention a lot. Casa Humilde makes some really good beers here in Chicago and I’ll be having La Doble as the Beer In Front.
Everything that I’ve had from Casa Humilde so far I’ve really enjoyed and am looking forward to having La Doble for the first time! La Doble is a Double IPA made with Sabro & Azacca hops. This clocks in at 9.3% ABV and should be another winner from them!
The last episode of 2020 is out! I’ll discuss my top beers of 2020 plus my Jagoff Of The Year! The Beer In Front will be the awesome Pliny The Elder from Russian River! Check the podcast out when you can!
As we are winding down, I thought I’d list my beers of the year. Now these aren’t necessarily the top 10 that I scored because, shit the Deep Woods Series Alone from Revolution would gangster the whole damn list. Here are 10 that I loved a lot in 2020 in no particular order. Each is spectacular and worth your time drinking. I didn’t want to make all the same style so I tried to mix up the list for some variety.
- The Deep Woods Series from Revolution. Looking at my ratings for 2020, the top 5 scores are from here so it doesn’t matter which one you choose, you’re in for a treat! If I had to choose one of these, I’d take the Double Barrel VSOD.
- 90 Minute Imperial IPA from Dogfish Head. A classic and one of the first Imperial IPA’s out there.
- Black Is Beautiful from Foreign Exchange and Church Street. There were a lot of this series I liked this year, but this one was my favorite. This had coffee, cocoa and cinnamon and was excellent!
- Alemerica The Beautiful from Hop Butcher. Hop Butcher is known for and excels at their NE style, their milkshake style IPA’s but this one just a plain old Pale Ale shows that everything they do, they do well!
- Burst Of Sunshine from More Brewing Company. I’m a big fan of More Brewing and for me, Burst Of Sunshine really stood out as the best of the best from them.
- Il Spundo from Cinderlands. Il Spundo is an Italian Pilsner and really made a huge impression on me! I could definitely see myself having this sitting in Milan.
- Coastal Sunshine V5 from Humble Forager. This Fruited Sour was like having summer in a glass. Excellent!
- Full Earth from Old Nation Brewing Company. I’m kind of mad it took me a long time to try their beers. This NE/Double IPA made me a fan!
- Jungle Boogie from Marz. This is a wheat beer made with Rooibos Tea and really is great!
- Time Consumer from Liquid Love. Vienna Style lagers are one of my favorite styles and this one for me was the best I had in 2020.
The December 23rd episode is available wherever you listen to mediocre podcasts! This week, I’ll feature the 2020 Goose Island BCBS Prop, I’ll also discuss great offerings from Penrose and Cellermaker! Other beers I had were:
|Proprietor’s Bourbon County Brand Stout (2020)||Goose Island Beer Co.||Stout – Imperial / Double||4.2||Chicago||IL|
|War On Xmas||Illuminated Brew Works||Stout – Imperial / Double White||4||Chicago||IL|
|Double Pantsless||Alarmist Brewing||Pale Ale – American||4.3||Chicago||IL|
|Coffee & Cigarettes||Cellarmaker Brewing Company||Porter – Coffee||4||San Francisco||CA|
|Midwest Vice||Penrose Brewing Company||IPA – New England||4.3||Geneva||IL|
|Milkstachio||Hop Butcher For The World||Stout – Milk / Sweet||4.1||Darien||IL|
|Hella Strata||Faction Brewing||Lager – Helles||4.4||Alameda||CA|